Goods in Transit
Goods in transit is either an annual cover where premium is based on the value of goods in transit, at the insured’s risk, during the policy period. Or it can be a single transit cover. It is the simplest and most convenient way to cover the insured’s inland transit risks.
Features and benefits
- choice of cover between all risks of loss/damage to goods or death of livestock and major nominated transit perils
- wide transit cover – from when goods are first moved for transit until last moved at destination
- debris removal up to the designated sub-limit
- delayed unpacking – discovery of transit damage up to 90 days after delivery
- no disposal or sale of branded goods without insured’s consent
- cover for goods to and from packers’ premises and for up to one month while goods are held there
- companies acquired included under policy.
Conventional and Specialised Cargo
For our clients moving cargo in and out of Australia, worldwide to worldwide, or domestically we can obtain cover for:
- combined cargo (import/export and within Australia)
- annual import/export, and
- single transit covers.
Some insurers provide specific wordings for a particular type of risk or commodity. Specialised cargo can include:
- fruit and vegetables
- bulk commodities
- livestock, and
- cargo loss of profits.