What is Fitness Trainers Liability Insurance?
There are three main Liability risks that you face as a fitness trainer. They are General (Public & Products) Liability, Professional Indemnity and Management Liability. You can separately cover each or brought together into one nice and affordable Package.
CPR Insurance Services can provide a solution to suit you. The Key Features of cover are:
General (Public/Products) Liability – Bodily Injury, Property Damage and Advertising Injury you cause to others whilst carrying out your activities.
- Up to $20,000,000 limit of indemnity available
- Up to $500,000 Property in your Physical or Legal Control (looking after someone else’s property)
- $50,000 Temporary protection cover (where required by law to prevent further loss).
- Additional 25% costs and expenses cover
- Principals Indemnity (where a supplier does not want to be liable for your negligence)
- Member to Member Liability on most sports risks
- Participation Liability on most sports risks
Professional Indemnity – Your Breach of Professional Duty owed to others when providing advice, instruction and supervision.
- Up to $10,000,000 limit of indemnity available
- No Bodily injury exclusion for sports based risks
- Legal Costs and Expenses (you may have to defend an allegation of a breach of duty)
- Dishonesty by staff (As Principal you are vicariously liable)
- Automatic Reinstatement (returns your limit to the full sum insured after a claim)
- Continuous Cover (as PI is a “claims made” cover you may forget to report an incident)
- Extended Reporting Period (if you decide not to continue the business)
Management Liability – The risks to the Directors or Officers or your Business for just supervising its activities such as ,
- Up to $5,000,000 limit of indemnity
- Employment Practices Liability (for allegations of Wrongful Dismissal, Harassment, Prejudice)
- Club or Entity Reimbursement (where required under Corporations Law)
- Advanced Defence Costs – to defend the initial allegations
- Inquiry Costs – cost of legal representation at any coronial inquest or investigation
- Fines & Penalties – if incurred under statutes such as the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Libel and Slander – accused of defaming a competitor or other individual
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Trade Practices Act
- Extended Reporting Period/Retirement Cover
- Fidelity Cover (Optional)
- Pollution Defence Costs (Optional)
Who can help?
An insurance broker’s role is to act as your representative and work in your interests, seeking the best cover at the best price for you from market knowledge. Call a good one.
Call CPR – Experts who will save you.
Cooper Professional Risks Pty Ltd trading as CPR Insurance Services is an Authorised Representative of National Adviser Services Pty Ltd (ABN: 60 096 916 184) trading as NAS Insurance Brokers (AFS No.233750)