Overheated Extension Cord Causes House Fire

Be careful of those extension cords. In another reminder about the risks of electrical fires in homes or business, Authorities in the USA say an overheated extension cord is to blame for a house fire in Lincoln, Nebraska. It is an event that could easily happen anywhere else in the world including Australia.

Authorities say the house received extensive damage. No one was injured and authorities estimate the damage at $75,000. They were lucky despite the inconvenience of not being able to live in their home for a little while. No one wants to lose everything or the lives of their loved ones.

It is a reminder to get all your electrical cords regularly tagged and tested, along with the rest of your electrical wiring and electrical switchboard on a regular basis.

If you are looking for someone to do this for you, let us know and we can get experts in this area to call you.