When a disaster such as a flood or a fire occurs, it can sometimes lead to damage to computer systems or electronic data. As a result valuable records could be lost or destroyed.
There is a considerable cost of replacing these items of data. There is also usually interruption to the business as well causing loss of revenue.
Therefore we offer the following tips to help prevent losing the important data of your business;
- Make sure you have a backup process in place.
- Record how often that records are backed up.
- Make sure you test that the backup works.
- Keep backups off site and away from the insured premises – ie Fire can destroy all copies
- Minimise risks or exposures at the place of storage of the backup – temperature, moisture and security need to be controlled.
- Always have at least one back up off site – ie take a copy home or store in the “cloud”.
- Discuss further methods of protection such as Risk Transfer or Loss Control with us at CPR Insurance Services – Experts who will save you