Engaging Contractors or Trades People

Engaging tradespeople and contractors
If you are engaging tradespeople to conduct work on your business premises, you should ensure that they are appropriately qualified and licensed.

You should also make sure they have insurance cover, specifically Public and Products Liability. They do not have deep pockets if they make a mistake that causes Bodily Injury or Property Damage to you. Ask them to provide a certificate of currency showing evidence of cover.

If you are engaging a tradesperson, make sure you:

Can you trust the Contractor with Work Health and Safety Obligations?

Principal Contractor owed no duty of care to sub-contractor’s employee