Professional Indemnity – types of claims
Some examples of types of Claims or Circumstances under a Professional Indemnity policy.
- Negligence arising from a Breach of Professional Duty due to an act, error or omission
- Fraud and Dishonesty of staff
- Libel, Slander or Defamation against a third party
- Loss of client documentation
- Legal liability for damages and claimants’ costs/expenses arising from the act, error or omission/civil liability of the “Company’s” employees
- Wrongful or inadequate advice to client(s)
- Acting without proper instructions from the client
- Failure to act in accordance with client’s instructions or at all.
- Failure to advise client
- Breaches of Trade Practices Act/Fair Trading Legislation- misleading or deceptive
- Breaches of Statute – eg; Corporations Law, Uniform Consumer Credit Code
Do not believe it could happen to you?
Dodgy Building Inspectors could bring claims